Sweet and spicy, this moist cornbread makes for a great side dish!
FOR BRUSHING ON TOP
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In mixer with whisk attachment combine flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, milk and baking soda.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add butter, Vanilla and Jalapeño Pepper Extract.
- Mix to combine, scraping bowl.
- Pour into a greased or sprayed 8″ square pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a stick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once removed from oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the Maple Compound, stirring to combine.
- Brush the mixture on top of the cornbread and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Best enjoyed warm! Slice and serve.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved