Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with this delicious chocolate stout cake.
- Grease and flour a 9" cake pan and place a round piece of parchment on the bottom.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the Irish Stout and butter until the butter is melted.
- Add the sugar and cocoa and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add this mixture to the stout mix.
- Stir to combine flour and baking soda, then add to the stout mixture.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake in a 350°F oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool completely on a rack before removing from pan.
- Sift the powdered sugar, and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, and mix until completely combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix again to incorporate.
- Place cooled cake on a cake plate.
- Pour icing over cake, letting it drip down the sides, to resemble stout foam.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved