Enjoy the light floral flavor of Sakura (cherry blossom) in these easy to make lollipops.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1-3 drops Amoretti® Natural Ruby Red Food Color or other red food coloring
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Cherry Blossom Extract Water Soluble
- Candy molds
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy thermometer
- Edible cherry blossom wafer paper (optional)
- Edible glitter (optional)
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a sauce pan and heat until sugar is dissolved
- Insert candy thermometer and bring mixture to 300 degrees F (hard crack stage). You no longer need to stir at this step.
- Let cool for a minute or two
- Add Extract, edible glitter, and food coloring to desired color and mix well.
- Fill candy mold halfway with candy mixture, place wafer paper cherry blossom and a lollipop stick into each mold then top off with remaining candy mixture.
- Let cool for 5 hours or overnight.
Cleaning your pan: You can easily remove any hardened candy from your pan by filling it with water and placing on the stove to dissolve anything stuck in the pan.
Storing: You can store these in a food storage container, just line each layer of suckers with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together. You can also wrap individually in treat bags like these