Throw your apron on and get that whisk ready because we're about to share our biggest kept secret: how to flavor royal icing.
Ever wanted to make a sugar cookie that tastes just like it sounds? Well now is your chance!
With over 400 different flavors, our premium, water-soluble extracts are a simple, highly-concetrated solution to hard-to-achieve flavors. Most Amoretti® Extracts are formulated without alcohol, giving you the full effect and intensity of any flavor you're trying to achieve. Oh and the best part, the flavor won't bake off if put under heat.
Want a flavor like cotton candy? Wild strawberry? Toasted coconut? We got you covered.
Long are the days where you have to rely on low-quality, store-bought extracts or imitation flavors to enhance your confections.
The Importance of Quality Extracts
When it comes to flavoring any type of confection, you want the highest quality extract possible, especially with royal icing.
Consistency is everything!
If you've made a few sugar cookies in your day, you'll know this to be true. Royal icing is an art, and getting the perfect texture that's not too thin or too thick can require lots of trial and error.
Too much of any ingredient in royal icing can mess with the overall consistency. However, with Amoretti®--and our perfect royal icing recipe (see below!)-- our extracts won't impact or change a thing!
They're the perfect addition to your royal icing (or sugar cookie!) recipe.
Alongside royal icing, Amoretti® Water-Soluble extracts work great in applications like buttercream, cakes/cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, ganache, glazes, and so much more. You can also flavor chocolate, olive oil, butter and more with our line of Oil-Soluble extracts. Click here for more information on the difference between oil-soluble and water-soluble extracts
Let's get to the fun stuff, shall we?
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons meringue powder
- 9–10 Tablespoons room temperature water
- 1 teaspoon of any Amoretti® Water Soluble Extract (find your favorite flavor here!)
- Combine powdered sugar, meringue powder, 9 tablespoons of water, and the 1 teaspoon of your favorite Amoretti® Water Soluble Extract into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachement (hand mixer can work just as well).
- Beat ingredients together on high speed for 1.5 – 2 minutes.
- The icing should drizzle down and smooth out within 5-10 seconds. If it’s too thick, beat in more water 1 tablespoon at a time.