Here is an 'easy-peasy', 'make-ahead' dessert recipe to woo in the holiday charm to your Holiday Dinner table! Made with our Vanilla Butter extract and filled with Pomegranate artisan flavored whipped cream, it's a match made in heaven!
- 1 Egg white
- One pinch of Cream of Tartar
- 2 Tbsp. Cake Flour
- Gel colors of choice
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Print and keep the pattern you want your deco roll to have.
- Grease and line a 9 x 13-inch quarter sheet tray with the stencil sheet printed out and the parchment paper above that. Grease the top of the parchment paper also so that the sponge can be peeled off easier after baking it.
- Take a bowl and whip the three egg yolks and the granulated sugar, on a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, until thick, pale, and creamy.
- Add in the milk, oil, and Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Butter Extract and give it another mix to blend.
- Sift in the cake flour, and gently fold in with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the one egg white for the pattern with a pinch of cream of tartar, until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, take 1 Tbsp. of the egg yolk mix and add the 2 Tbsp. of cake flour. Fold and the stiff whipped egg white. Gently fold again.
- Separate the mix into different bowls as needed and color them with gel colors that the design calls for. Fill the colored batter into piping bags and sketch through the design visible through the parchment paper.
- Bake the tray with the design for 2 minutes, take it out.
- While the design is baking, in a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip the 3 egg whites with pinches of cream of tartar until it is stiff. Fold it into the egg yolk mix and then transfer it into the baking tray with the baked design. Level the top with a spatula.
- Tap the tray on the counter to release air bubbles and bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick insert comes out clean.
- Dust the top of the sponge heavily with confectioner’s sugar, place a parchment paper or clean kitchen towel on top and invert the sponge onto a cooling rack.
- Peel off the parchment paper on the bottom of the sponge (now on top after inverting on to the cooling rack), to reveal the holiday design.
- While still warm, roll the sponge with the kitchen towel or parchment in it, nice and tightly, and keep aside to cool.
- For the filling, whip the cup of heavy cream on a stand mixer or using a hand mixer until it starts to foam up. Drop in the powdered sugar and keep whisking until you get stiff peaks.
- Fold in the Amoretti® Natural Pomegranate Artisan Flavor and a pinch of salt.
- Unroll the sponge, take off the towel or parchment sheet, spread the filling with a spatula and roll it back up again.
- Chill the roll in the refrigerator overnight or until ready to serve. Cut off both the ends to reveal a clean swirl to the deco roll and serve!