The prettiest, yummiest Gluten Free treat made at the Amoretti Test Kitchen by our dearest collaborator Nicole Derseweh using our Premium Pistachio flour and Rose Syrup!
- 2 cups pistachio (hulled)
- 1 1/4 cup pistachio milk or oat milk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 cup Amoretti® Natural Pistachio Flour
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot or cornstarch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup Amoretti® Rose Syrup
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2/3 cup salted vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Amoretti® Pistachio Extract
- 1.5 cups powder sugar
- Edible fresh rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease bunt cake pans or muffin pans with cooking oil, Set aside.
- Prepare the icing by mixing powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons of water in a bowl whisking until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pistachio flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Make the batter: In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a large bowl with hand mixer, cream together the vegan butter, rose syrup and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed. Then add in the applesauce and pistachio extract. Mix again on medium speed until combined, scraping down the sides and at the bottom of the bowl as needed. Add in about half of the dry mixture, along with half of the milk and mix on medium speed until just combined. Add in the remaining dry mixture and Milk, and mix on medium speed until there are just no more dry streaks. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl as well as the sides.
- Divide the batter between the bunt pans or muffin treys and bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled completely drizzle with the oat icing, dust with a sprinkle of crushed pistachio, top with a rose petal and serve!