The chocolate cake that definitely prompts you to reach in for second servings! But, with this one, you can indulge guilt-free! Made with our Premium Blanched Almond Flour and a whole lot of love, it is light, fluffy and super chocolatey!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8-inch or two 6-inch greased pans with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Cream the 100 gm of sugar with the three egg yolks, using a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add in the Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan, sour cream and oil. Mix to combine.
- Mix the egg yolk mix with the flour mix.
- Add the Natural Expresso Coffee Artisan with the hot water and gently stir into the egg yolk-almond flour mix. Keep aside.
- In a dry and clean bowl, whip the three egg yolks using a hand mixer or stand mixer. When it starts to foam up, drizzle in the 50 gm of sugar in a continuous stream and keep whisking until you achieve soft peaks.
- Whisk 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mix and vigorously mix in with the spatula.
- Fold in the rest of the meringue very gently into the batter and transfer to the baking pans.
- Bake immediately as resting will deflate the meringue. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer/toothpick inserted into the center of the comes out clean.
- Cool on the counter and decorate with frosting or simply slice up and snack on!