It's citrus season, and when life gives you lemons...You make lemon blueberry cupcakes!
These lemon blueberry cupcakes are the perfect way to level up your cupcakes and taste-buds. They're sweet, tangy, and filled with the most delicious lemon curd. They're guaranteed to blow your mind. You won't even know they're missing gluten and dairy!
Made with our Amoretti® Lemon Zest Oil Extract and Blueberry Extract these cupcakes are a must have in your summer baking plans!
This recipe is fairly simple, and requires ingredients you more than likely already have in your pantry, woohoo!
Note: for this recipe you can use store bought lemon curd, or make your own DF version. Simply find any regular lemon curd recipe (or dairy-free, I know there's some out there!) and replace the butter with a dairy-free version, or keep it as is. If you make it, I suggest making it the day before you plan to bake these cupcakes so it can chill and get that thick, lemon curd consistency.
For the cupcake:
For the Dairy-Free Buttercream:
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer combine oil and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat with your stand or electric mixer at medium speed for one minute. Add flour, salt, baking powder, dairy-free milk, and Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan. Beat at medium speed for one minute.
- Scoop batter evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the centers springs back when touched and cupcakes are very lightly browned.
- Let cool in the pan on rack for five minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan onto rack and cool completely before frosting.
For the Vegan Buttercream:
In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Gradually add the powdered sugar, about a cup at a time, and mix starting on low speed. Gradually increase to medium, until all the powdered sugar is mixed in.
Add 2 tablespoons of milk, Amoretti® Vanilla W.S. (2X) and Blueberry Extract and beat on medium speed until everything is combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
Grab your piping bag and frosting tip and place the buttercream into the bag
- Then pipe on to your cupcakes! Garnish with fresh lemon slices, blueberries, or some sprinkles, whatever your heart desires!
There you have it folks! The best GF & DF Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes you'll ever make!