This horchata recipe is sure to get you into the holiday spirit with warm notes of cinnamon and gingerbread! It only takes a few ingredients and some simple steps to enjoy this holiday glass of cheer.
1 Cup of Long Grain Rice
4 Cups of Water
2 Cinnamon Sticks
2 Cups of Plant Based Milk
1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
1 Tsp. of Amoretti Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp. Amoretti® Gingerbread Extract
- Rinse rice
- Add rice, water and cinnamon sticks to a high speed blender. Blend well (40-60seconds)
- Pour mixture into a large container and leave over night
- Over a pitcher or server, strain through a strainer or nut milk bag
- Stir in choice of milk, vanilla, gingerbread extract, maple syrup.
- Serve over ice and garnish with freshly ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick