Gingerbread cookies infused with the flavor and aroma of chai tea – Festive? Yes. Delicious? Also yes!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs. ground ginger
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs. all spice
- 1/2 tbs. clove
- 1/1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick room temp. butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 9 grams Amoretti Chai "Tea" Extract O.S.
- 1 tbs. grated ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 380° F.
- Combine flour ginger, cinnamon, all spice, clove, salt, and baking soda in medium sized bowl. Sift mixture onto piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream brown sugar, sugar, and butter on medium speed for 1-2 min.
- Add vanilla, egg, and grated ginger. Mix for about 30 seconds on medium-low speed. Add molasses and Amoretti Chai “Tea” Extract O.S. and mix until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients gradually to the mixer on low speed, mixing until just combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and form into a flat disk. Refrigerate at least two hours or freeze for 1 hour.
- On a generously floured surface, roll out gingerbread dough to ¼ inch thickness, rotating the dough in between rolls. Cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters and place onto a silicon mat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Open oven near end of baking time if cookie begin to crack.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes prior to transferring to cooling rack.