Football-shaped, bite-sized cake pops for the Super Bowl grazing board or even for a football themed party for your little one! These mini treats are perfectly flavored with our strawberry oil soluble extract and has the right balance between the sweet and the tart!
- 3 Cups Crumbled up chocolate cake (can use box-mix cake or store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate ganache* or any frosting of choice (Buttercream works well too)
- 1 ½ cups melted Dark Chocolate (brand of choice)
- 2-3 drops Amoretti® Wild Strawberry Oil Soluble Extract
- Melted white chocolate for decoration (brand of choice)
- Mix the cake crumbs with ganache until it comes together. The texture you are looking for is, when you scoop out a tablespoon of the cake dough, you should be able to roll it smoothly into a ball without cracking.
- Use a tablespoon to measure the cake dough out and roll each tablespoonful into a smooth football shape. Place each on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Take melted dark chocolate of choice in a tall glass or measuring cup and add the strawberry extract to it. Stir to combine.
- Dunk each cake ball in melted chocolate, using a fork, a toothpick, or a dunking tool. Tap off the excess chocolate and place each cake bite on to the tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for anther 10-15 minutes and take it out.
- Use melted chocolate in a piping bag to create the stiches on the football. Store at room temperature if it is not too hot or humid! It stays in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
*Dark chocolate ganache: Melt Dark chocolate and heavy cream in a 2:1 ratio on a double boiler or microwave the cream until bubbles appear on the surface and pour over the chocolate. Wait for 5 minutes and stir until completely smooth and homogenous. Cool at room temperature for a couple of hours until the consistency you are looking for is reached (For frosting, it needs to be firm but pliable)