A gluten-free cake that not only has fewer carbs but tastes super delicious!
- 150 grams (⅔ cup) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 150 grams (⅔ cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Chocolate Crème de Cacao Extract O.S.
- 4 large eggs
- 250 grams (1¼ cup) powdered sugar
- 100 grams (½ cup) ground almonds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2-3 pumps Amoretti® Jamaican Rum Syrup
- 9" springform pan
- double boiler
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the base of a 9" spring form cake pan with parchment and butter the sides.
- Melt unsalted butter, chocolate, and Chocolate Crème de Cacao Extract together in a double boiler or in a microwave, then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer, beat the eggs and powdered sugar together until about tripled in volume.
- Mix the ground almonds with the cocoa powder and fold this gently into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Fold in the slightly cooled chocolate and butter.
- Finally, fold in the zest and juice of the lime.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake in for 35-45 minutes. It is done when the cake is just firm on top but still has a bit of wobble underneath.
- Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool.
- Let cool completely before unmolding.
- Whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and Jamaican Rum Surup just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Top slices of cake with whipped cream and serve.