Some days it's pushing 90° before breakfast and even iced coffee isn't cold enough. Freeze a batch of granita with our Triple Strength Espresso Coffee Compound and stay cool while you caffeinate! Granita is also the perfect simple summer-time dessert. Combined with some whipped cream, this dessert is a cool and satisfying afternoon snack or finish to a great meal. Makes 10-12 servings.
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Amoretti® Triple Strength Espresso Coffee Compound
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- 8" square glass dish
- Heat the water, add ½ cup sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and add Triple Strength Espresso Coffee Compound, stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the glass baking dish and freeze for two hours.
- Using a fork, scrape the top of the mixture.
- Return to the freezer and freeze for another 3 hours.
- Scrape again and repeat the scraping process every 30 minutes until all the granita is frozen.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream, sugar, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla to medium peak.
- Spoon or pipe a layer of whipped cream into a glass.
- Layer a few tablespoons of granita over the whipped cream.
- Top with another layer of whipped cream and serve.