Even if you are not joining the family upstairs for tea, you can still enjoy these refreshing little sandwiches; so simple and so delicious. Mojito Mint Extract boosts the mint flavor, giving you that fresh mintiness in every bite and making these the “go-to” snack for any picnic. Makes 20 small, open-faced sandwiches.
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Mojito Mint O.S. Extract
- 5 leaves fresh mint, diced, plus 20 tiny leaves for garnish
- pinch salt
- 5 slices white bread
- 1-2 cucumbers
- Combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, heavy cream, Mojito Mint Extract, diced mint, and a pinch of salt.
- Using a mandolin, slice the cucumber lengthwise, including the peel.
- Cut the slices in half, lengthwise, and remove any seeds.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Lay the thin slices of cucumber over the cheese at an angle, covering part of the previous slice as you go.
- Trim the edges of the bread to remove the crust.
- Cut the bread in half and then half again, giving you four squares from each slice of bread.
- Top each with a small dollop of cream cheese mixture and a tiny mint leaf.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved