Hello February and hello to our flavor of the month; Cotton Candy Artisan! A flavor this whimsical deserves an extra fun recipe and what is more deserving than tiny chocolate-covered animal cookies?!? just looking at these cookies will take you down memory lane.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until well combined and then add in egg, Vanilla Extract and Cotton Candy Artisan. Mix again until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Slowly add in flour mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 2 disks, wrap and refrigerate for about 30 min before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dust a worksurface with flour and roll dough out to around 1/4 inch.
- Use miniature animal shaped cookie cutters.
- Roll dough back up and our as needed.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
- Once cookies are cooled it is time to decorate! Place equal parts of white candy melts into two microwave safe bowls. Place 2-3 red candy melts into one of the bowls. Melt in the microwave.
- Rotate dipping cookies into the white and pink melts and top with sprinkles.
- Let harden and enjoy!