With warmer weather on the horizon this cookies n' cream cottage cheese ice cream is sure to be your new best friend! Made with our Natural Cookies & Cream Artisan Flavor and Premium Madagascar Vanilla Bean Syrup this healthier take on regular ole' ice cream will not disappoint! It's packed with flavor and protein to help get you through these spring and summer months!
By now, we're sure you've seen the various cottage cheese ice cream trends in every corner of the internet. From strawberry cheesecake, chocolate, espresso, vanilla bean, etc... The options are quite literally, limitless! If there's one thing we won't do here at Amoretti®, it's miss out on a good trend. Cottage cheese is one of the easiest ways to get all the nutrients and minerals you need in one serving. So why not spice things up and make it into a delicious and healthier dessert option?
For this recipe in specific, we used double cream cottage cheese. This gives the cottage cheese a much more rich and ice-cream like consistency. Using a low-fat cottage cheese will result in a much more icy finished product, the goal here is to replicate the ice cream texture. Stick with double-cream if you want the best results.
To sweeten the tangy cottage cheese, we chose to use our Natural Cookies and Cream Artisan Flavor and our Premium Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup. The Natural Artisan Flavor gives the ice cream a huge boost of the cookies & cream flavor and an added touch of sweetness. To mask that cottage cheese tang just a little more, we grabbed our trusty Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Premium Syrup. This is sort of the "vanilla extract" of this recipe. It adds more of that cream flavor from cookies & cream and just elevates the recipe so much more. Omitting this ingredient will leave this cottage cheese ice cream very tangy.
- Grab your food processor or blender (food processor worked best for us) and put the entire container of cottage cheese in, then blend on medium high speed until the cottage cheese becomes smooth (no curdle chunks)
- Next, add the Natural Cookies & Cream Artisan Flavor and the Premium Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup and blend until all ingredients are combined. A good scrape of the bowl with a silicone spatula may be needed during this step.
- Once everything is incorporated, add in the smashed Oreo cookies and blend for no more than 1 minute.
- With the cottage cheese ice cream now complete, pour the mixture into an freezable container you would like (we chose a loaf pan).
- Take the remaining bit of your smashed cookies and crumble them over top your ice cream to garnish.
- Set the cottage cheese ice cream in the freezer to set. Overnight works best but if you can't wait a whole night, 4-6 hours should do.
- Before you indulge in the ice cream, give it at least 20 mins of time to thaw ever so slightly, or leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. It will be impossible to scoop otherwise.
- Once the cottage cheese ice cream has thawed just a bit, grab your spoon and have at it!