Watch the video :)
It’s a hot summer day, and all you want is to cool down with an icy snack. But you don’t want to make your own ice cream, and you’re trying to stay at least a little healthy. Also, that popsicle mold you’ve had for ages is just sitting in your cupboard. Well it’s high time you put it to use, and we can’t think of a better way than with our coconut pineapple pops! Watch the video to see how it all comes together!
- 14 ounce can of coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 tsp Amoretti® Natural Toasted Coconut Cream Compound
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup diced fresh pineapple
- Spread the shredded sweetened coconut onto a Silpat or parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 5-8 minutes until browned, then cool.
- Empty the coconut milk into a large bowl and mix or whisk to fully combine the fat that will be at the top of the can when it’s opened.
- Pour ¼ cup of the coconut milk into a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Over low heat, warm the mixture and stir just until sugar dissolves for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Amoretti Natural Toasted Coconut Cream Compound.
- Pour the sweetened coconut milk into remaining coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Add the toasted coconut. Chill for 30 minutes or longer.
- Stir the coconut mixture and pour into the mold to about ⅓ of the way up.
- Add some diced pineapple and pour coconut mixture to fill line.
- Insert the pop stick and freeze per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat a little bit of the coconut milk with the sugar and stir the mixture so that the sugar dissolves and will combine with the rest of the mixture.