These cakes are great for a Sunday Brunch, their irresistible clementine flavor makes it hard to grab just one!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Zest 2 clementines, set aside. Peel and slice clementines, you'll need one slice per cake.
- Spray and flour a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl between each addition.
- Add Orange Syrup, Orange Zest Oil Extract, and reserved clementine zest. Mix to combine.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, fold into batter.
- Sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar into each muffin cup.
- Place one slice of clementine on top of sugar.
- Using a spring-loaded ice cream scoop, place one scoop batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Set on rack to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until thicker and syrupy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto a rack set over a sheet pan to catch the dripping syrup.
- Pour syrup over the cakes. Serve plain or add sweetened crème fraiche with some clementine zest added to it.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved