Puff pastries are already a favorite with their enjoyable flaky, soft texture, but when filled and topped with chocolate spread, these will easily become your go-to dessert!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Almond Dark Chocolate Spread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- 2-3 tbsp raw sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1¼ tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Defrost the puff pastry sheet and, on a floured surface, roll out to ⅛" thickness. Brush off excess flour.
- Cut the sheet in half lengthwise.
- Place the ¼ cup Almond Dark Chocolate Spread into a piping bag, cutting a small bit off the end of the bag.
- Drop a teaspoon-sized amounts of Almond Dark Chocolate Spread onto one of the pastry sheets, leaving 1 inch of space between each one and the outside edges. Save leftover Almond Dark Chocolate Spread to drizzle over finished bites.
- Brush egg wash around the edges of the pastry and in between each teaspoon Almond Dark Chocolate Spread.
- Cover with the other half of the pastry sheet and press the edges together and in between each drop.
- Cut in between each drop and press the edges together with a fork.
- Place each piece on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Brush egg wash on the top of each and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then turn the cookie sheet and bake again for 9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the powdered sugar and milk and fill a pastry bag with the glaze.
- Warm pastry bag with remaining Almond Dark Chocolate Spread in microwave for 5 seconds.
- While the puff pastries are still warm, but not hot, drizzle with Almond Dark Chocolate Spread and glaze.
- When cutting the puff pastries in step 8, each piece should resemble a ravioli.
- Any flavor of Amoretti® Chocolate Spread can be used in this recipe!