It's almost time for the Super Bowl! Showcase your passion for football with these buttery cookies!
CHOCOLATE SABLE COOKIES
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups cake flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups (2½ sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 20X
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- football shaped cookie cutter
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add egg yolks and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla. Mix well, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Then add sifted dry ingredients all at once. Mix well, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl, until dough comes together.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for at least an hour before rolling out.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- This dough is very soft and will get warm quickly while using. If not using all at once, wrap what is not needed and place in refrigerator.
- Roll out dough to 1/8” and cut with football shaped cookie cutter.
- Chill for 10 minutes before baking for 10 -15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before decorating.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Pipe icing on cooled cookies to resemble footballs.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved