A chocolate-y, peppermint twist on a classic French treat.
For the decoration:
- 6 oz of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp of crushed, peppermint candy (split)
- Brush a madeleine baking pan with melted butter.
- Put remaining butter and the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (be sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl). Heat until chocolate and butter are melted, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sift powdered sugar, flour, cocoa and salt into a bowl using a mesh strainer.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the wisk attachment (or with a hand mixer) beat egg whites until very frothy (no stiff peaks). Stir in flour mixture until combined. Add chocolate mixture and mix with a spatula until well blended.
- Add in the ½ teaspoon of Amoretti® Peppermint Water Soluble Extract & 1 teaspoon of Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Water Soluble Extract. Mix until combined
- Portion batter into the pan, filllig each cup with about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter. Chill in the refrigerator one hour. If your pan makes only 12 at a time, chill remaining batter in a bowl and bake in batches.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until madeleines are springy to touch. Cool in pan 1 minute, then unmold madeleines onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.