Chocolate Peppermint Cake Ball Truffles
Posted on 28 December 2020
As the holidays wind down we realize we're stuck with a ton of uneaten candy canes! Rather than tossing them, smash them up and make these irresistible cake ball truffles.
- White box cake mix
- 1.5 tbsp. Amoretti® Compound of choice (we used Marshmallow)
Amoretti® White Chocolate Spread, melted. About 2-3 tbsp. adjust based on cakes consistency
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies. We crushed out in a resealable bag with a rolling pin.
- White and/or dark melting chocolate
- Follow directions on box cake to bake.
- Let cake cool completely.
- In a large bowl crumble cake into small pieces.
- Mix in peppermint/candy cane pieces.
- Mix in white chocolate spread until cake crumbs are well covered, moist and can easily make a ball form.
- Roll cake into balls and place on a plate or sheet. Put cake balls in freezer for 30 min.
- While cake balls are cooling melt your chocolate in the microwave or double broiler. Melt just white or white and dark for more variety.
- Rest a cake ball on a fork over bowl of melted chocolate and spoon over melted chocolate until well cover. You can gently tap fork on side of bowl to ensure a smooth coating of chocolate.
- Carefully place cake ball back on sheet or plate and immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Repeat to all cake balls.
- Let harden and enjoy.
Products used in this recipe