Image yourself in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate and a piece of this moist and chocolaty hazelnut cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10” x 15” pan, lay parchment paper on it and lightly spray the parchment.
- Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whip the eggs and the sugar to ribbon stage, about 4 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and add the butter, stirring to combine.
- Slowly pour the chocolate into the egg mixture with the mixer running.
- Add Cappuccino-Tiramisu Extract and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until completely combined.
- Pour the mix into the parchment-lined pan and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Sift cocoa powder over the top of the warm cake then cover it with a piece of parchment.
- Invert the pan and cake with parchment on top (the cake pan will be hot) and tap to let the cake fall away from the pan.
- Peel the parchment off the bottom of the cake.
- Starting on the short end, begin rolling the cake with the parchment into a log.
- Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- Combine Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and buttercream, stir until smooth.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling over the top.
- Gently roll the cake again, wrap and chill for an hour.
- Find the recipe for our favorite buttercream here.