Brace yourself for a culinary experience that transcends the ordinary, our Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes, adorned with the pièce de résistance – Amoretti Espresso Coffee Extract. Indulge in the extraordinary fusion of rich chocolate and the captivating essence of smooth and robust espresso coffee.
If you're a baking enthusiast looking to add a burst of flavor to your creations, look no further! The Amoretti Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Extract in the cupcakes help give it that balanced flavor, adding a bit of warmth and sweetness to these rich dark chocolate cupcakes.
The buttercream is velvety, smooth and stable ehough for piping. The star of this frosting is the Amoretti Espresso Coffee Extract. Aromatic and invigorating, this extract is derived from real espresso coffee but won't bake off or effect the consistency of your buttercream.
Topped with the crowning glory – Amoretti Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Coffee Beans. These are not only a delicious and elegant confection great for gifting, but also make an adorable garnish for your Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes. It's not just a topping though; it's a sensory masterpiece, offering a delightful contrast that enhances the overall indulgence of our cupcakes.
In the world of baking, it's the little things that make a big difference. Here at Amoretti we take pride knowing that we put a little love in everything we do! Your taste buds – and your guests – will thank you for it! Happy baking!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened special dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. espresso powder or instant espresso
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Extract 2x
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl until combined and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Extract together until completely smooth then pour half of the wet ingredients and half of the milk into the dry ingredients and gently whisk. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and milk and stir gently until just combined, careful to not overmix. The batter should be thin.
- Fill the cupcake liners about halfway full to avoid spillage then bake for about 8-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy, then add in the confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, salt and Amoretti® Espresso Coffee Extract and beat until smooth.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, put your frosting into a piping bag with your preferred tip and pipe the frosting onto each cupcake.
- Top with an Amoretti® Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Coffee Bean.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If your forsting is too thin you can add in more confectioners' sugar as needed, if your frosting is too thin add a small amount of heavy cream.
- You can also add a drizzle of Amoretti® Crema Di Caramel™ Syrup on top for a little bit of extra pizzazz.