Wings, beer and football! It's all that you can think about when it is Super bowl week! Get ready to get some baked or fried! You can't go wrong with this one infused with our Chipotle extract and sweet soy flavor!
- 1 lb. Chicken Wings (Frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder (optional)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Wash and pat dry the Chicken wings with a paper towel until there are no traces of water on it.
- Take a gallon-sized zip lock bag and drop in the paprika, black pepper, baking powder and salt.
- Drop the chicken wings into the bag, seal it and toss the wings in the seasoning mix until fully coated.
- Line the wings on a baking rack with a tray underneath to catch the drippings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes until the skin is gold and crispy looking. Turn once halfway through the cooking time. Prepare the glaze while the chicken is baking.
- If using an Air Fryer, preheat it to 380 F and cook for 12 minutes, flip and cook for another 12 minutes.
- For the glaze, heat everything except the cornstarch and water in a hard bottomed saucepan, on medium heat.
- Mix the cornstarch in cold water and keep aside.
- Whisk occasionally and wait till the glaze comes to a boil and then add the cornstarch slurry.
- Simmer the glaze until it starts to thicken. Take off the flame.
- Once the wings are done baking, take it out from the oven, toss each wing in the glaze and keep it on the baking rack and bake for another 5-8 minutes or broil for 1-2 minutes. (For Air Fryer, cook for 2-3 minutes at 400 F)
- Serve hot with ranch dip, celery, carrot sticks and French fries on the side.
P.S : If you have extra glaze left over, use it to brush it on the chicken wings before serving.