The sweet cherries complement the smooth, nutty almond cream, all wrapped up in a simple dough to create a treat that's perfect enjoyed by yourself or used to wow your friends with at your next gathering. Even better, warm it up and enjoy with ice cream
- 2 ½ cups AP flour
- 250 grams Plugra butter cold and cubed
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup ice water
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the cold, cubed butter.
- Mix until the butter is pea-sized.
- Add ice water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, Amoretti Blanched Almond Flour, and cornstarch. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and add the room temperature butter and mix to cream together, scraping the bowl.
- Add the egg, Amoretti Almond Extract, and Amoretti Amaretto di Amoretti Liqueur Flambé. Mix to combine for about 2 minutes. Almond Cream can be chilled and kept for one week.
- Combine the cut, seeded cherries, sugar, Amoretti Black Cherry Compound, and Amoretti Kirsch Compound. Stir to combine.
- Roll out dough circles to the desired size. Put egg wash outside the edges on both sides.
- Pipe a small amount of almond cream into the center.
- Top with cherry filling.
- Fold over edges of dough and crimp.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle raw sugar over the top.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-40 minutes
- Chill the almond cream if you're not going to use it right away.
- The cherry filling can be made ahead of time and chilled as well.
- Using a pastry bag to spread the almond cream during assembly of the galette makes it easier to control how much you're putting on the dough.