Convert those cauliflower-ambivalent friends of yours with these delicious (and healthy) snacks!
- 3 cups cauliflower “rice” (can be purchased frozen or made fresh)
- 1 bunch scallions, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, small shred
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, fine grate
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1-2 egg whites
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Rosemary Oil Extract O.S.
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Thyme Oil Extract O.S.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil spray, for coating pan and bites.
- If the “rice” seems too moist, press paper towels over it to remove some moisture.
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. (Mixture can be refrigerated overnight at this point. Be sure to wrap container tightly, because the garlic and onion flavors are very strong.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a parchment-lined sheet pan with coconut oil spray.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop and place bites onto sprayed parchment. Lightly mist tops with more coconut oil spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotate pan and bake another 12-13 minutes, until browned on bottom.
TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE: Quarter a large cauliflower. Discard core and separate into florets. Using a food processor, chop until florets become very small rice-size pieces.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved