Need a super healthy soup to give you those veggie vitamins? Try our Carrot Ginger Basil Soup, it's so delicious and creamy!
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ lbs or one bag carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 4½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Basil Oil Extract O.S.
- ¾ cup crème fraîche, sour cream, or heavy cream
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add sliced carrots, onions and ginger. Cover and cook over moderately high heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable or chicken stock, nutmeg, salt, pepper and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Purée the soup in batches in a blender or food processor. If the soup is not puréed completely, a hand blender will finish it to make it smooth.
- Return soup to the saucepan, and warm.
- Add Basil Oil Extract and cream.
- Serve with dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream and sliced fresh basil.
- This soup is very nice hot or cold.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved