Just in time for Easter, try this delectable carrot cake!
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Water Soluble 20X
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1⅔ cups bread flour
- 2¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 4¼ cups shredded carrots
- Quickly pulse shredded carrots in a food processor for a finer shred.
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whip eggs, oil and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla until completely combined.
- Add sugar and whip to incorporate.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to egg mixture and scrape bowl once or twice during mixing.
- Fold in carrots by hand.
- Spray and line cake pans with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes, or until wooden stick comes out clean when dipped into center of cake.
- Cool completely before chilling.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Mix cream cheese on medium speed, with paddle attachment, until smooth.
- Add softened butter, and mix again until combined.
- Add sifted powdered sugar, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and Maple Extract.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add frosting to cake