These sticky buns will have your family lingering at the table, wanting more! They are just the right amount of fluffy and indulgently sticky with plenty of caramel flavor from Salted Caramel Compound and Caramel Syrup. While topping sticky buns with pecans is fairly standard, we've upped the ante with Natural Pecan Flour in the dough and incredible Butter Pecan Compound in the gooey topping. There are 2 rising times, but they are not long and the result is a nice texture to the finished product. Makes 12-16 sticky buns.
- 3½ tsp active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water, 105-110℉
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 2¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Natural Pecan Flour
- 1 egg white, to seal edge
- Grease an 8” square or round metal pan and set aside.
- Put the yeast and the warmed water into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, salt, and butter. Heat on low just until the butter is melted. Cool to 105℉ and add to the yeast mixture.
- Combine the flours in a bowl. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl. With a dough hook, mix on medium for 2-3 minutes, until the dough has come together and has pulled away from the bowl.
- Grease a bowl and place the dough into it and turn to grease the top.
- Cover it with a towel and place in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Combine the softened butter and Salted Caramel Compound.
- Add sugars and cinnamon, mix to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter and Butter Pecan Compound. Add sugars, dark corn syrup, Caramel Syrup, and salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top and set aside.
- Turn out the proofed dough onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll the dough to approximately 12” x 16” rectangle.
- With an offset spatula, spread the filling over the dough to the edges, leave a ½” free of filling on the long edge at the top.
- Roll the dough lengthwise, brushing off excess flour as you roll.
- Seal the long edge at the top by brushing it with egg white. Roll so the seam is on the bottom.
- With dental floss or a very sharp knife, cut in 12-16 pieces.
- Place them into the pan on top of the filling so that the spiraled filling shows.
- Cover the buns and pan with a towel and place in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
- Loosely cover the pan with foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let the buns rest out of the oven, in the pan, for 5 minutes.
- Place a serving plate over the pan and invert it. Be careful, as the pan and the topping will still be very hot!
- Lift away the pan and scrape any pecans left in the pan onto the top of the buns.
- Let the buns cool for 10 minutes before devouring.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved