Halloween just isn't the same without a full bowl of candy corn! This Halloween make out a treat that any kid (or kid-at-heart) will enjoy!
- candy thermometer
- disposable gloves
- In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, nonfat dry milk, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add water, sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
- Melt over medium heat then bring to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, boil mixture to 240°F.
- Remove from heat and add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to combine.
- Place dough on a silpat and let sit for 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- Put on disposable gloves and knead the dough until smooth.
- Divide the dough into three sections. (One section will be colored orange and flavored, one section will be colored yellow, and one section will remain white.)
- Wrap two sections in plastic wrap so they won't dry out.
- Knead Lemon Yellow W.S. Food Color into the unwrapped dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Unwrap one of the white pieces and add Natural Orange W.S. Food Color and Natural Pumpkin Spice Extract, folding and working the dough until the color is evenly distributed.
- Put on a clean pair of gloves and remove about 2 tbsp of each color, keeping the remaining dough wrapped. Roll them into long strands, laying them side by side onto a silpat. First white, then yellow, then orange.
- Using a scraper, gently tap the sides to straighten.
- Cut the Candy Corn in small triangles and place on another silpat, or parchment paper, to dry for 2 hours.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Keep unused balls of dough covered tightly with plastic wrap.