Butterscotch Rum Cake
Posted on 22 September 2021
Grab your apron and get ready to make falls newest and best dessert! This Butterscotch Rum Cake is bursting with warm vanilla, sweet butterscotch, and crunchy pecans.
BUTTESCOTCH RUM SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Prepare Bundt pan by spraying with nonstick spray and dusting with 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Pour chopped pecans evenly on the bottom of the bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine butter, buttermilk, rum, egg yolks, oil, Artisan and Extract.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment whisk egg whites and 1 tbsp of sugar on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Remove egg white from mixer and set aside.
- Pour dry ingredients into mixer and about half of your wet ingredients.
- Mix for 20-30 seconds and add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Scrape sides of bowl and mix one last time.
- Remove mixing bowl from mixer and slowly fold in egg whites until just combine.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
BUTTERSCOTCH RUM SAUCE
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add water and brown sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in Syrup, rum and Artisan
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Poke holes into the cake with a toothpick, this will help the absorption of the sauce.
- Pour half of the sauce over the cake.
- Once sauce is absorbed place your serving plate on top of pan and flip over pan and plate to remove cake.
- Poke more holes on the top of the cake and pour remaining sauce over it.
- Serve now or cover and enjoy later.
Products used in this recipe