What's a classic treat that makes the dessert table look prettier and merrier? Definitely, some sugar cookies, made with our versatile Butterscotch Extract, that is going to be a hit this holiday season!
- Unsalted Butter (Room temperature) – ½ cup or 113 gm
- Large Egg - ½ of one or around 25 gm
- White Granulated Sugar- ½ cup or 100 gm
- Vanilla Extract- ½ Tbsp
- Amoretti® Butterscotch Extract Water Soluble- 1 tsp
- Salt- One pinch
- All purpose- flour- 1 ½ cups (200 gm)
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Incorporate the egg and blend until fully combined, by scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the extracts and salt. Mix again on medium speed.
- Drop in the flour and give it a gentle mix or even mix in with a spatula to prevent overmixing.
- Make a rough ball of the dough and place it in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out into a 1/4th inch thick sheet.
- Refrigerate the sheet and when firm, cut out the shapes you want with fall themed cookie cutters and move them to a separate sheet baking tray lined with parchment paper or silicon mat. Pop the tray in the fridge for the shapes to harden up again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake the chilled cookies for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden on the sides.
- Cool and decorate with frosting of your choice.