Warm yourself from the inside out with this chipotle-spiced Butternut Squash Soup!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut a slice on top of the squash and rub olive oil over the outside. Bake for 1½ hours until it can be pierced easily with a sharp knife.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Scrape out the flesh and set aside.
- Saute the onions in butter for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add apple and garlic paste, continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the squash, vegetable broth, sage, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and Blue Agave Nectar.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with a hand blender or food processor.
- Return to pot and heat on medium to a simmer. Remove from heat, add Chipotle Extract and cream. Stir to combine.
- Serve with minced sage and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved