Impress your friends and family with these easy-to-make pudding cakes. The top layer of these cakes is light and fluffy and the bottom is a decadent pudding. They are also bursting full of warm holiday flavor from our Burnt Sugar Extract. Perfect to serve hot or chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare six ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Place ramekins into a cake pan.
- Whisk together egg yolks, milk, butter, salt, Burnt Sugar Extract and Vanilla Bean Artisan. Once well combined mix in the flour and sugar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the first mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Evenly fill ramekins with batter.
- Careful add water to the cake pan until it is half way up the ramekins. Be mindful not to splash any water into the cakes.
- Bake on middle rack for 50 minutes or until cakes are lightly golden.
- Carefully remove cakes from water using tongs and an oven mitt.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Can also be served chilled.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!