Torrone is a traditional Italian nougat typically made from honey, sugar, egg whites, and toasted nuts. While typically a very time-consuming recipe, our White Nougat "Torrone" takes on the tedious part of the recipe just leaving us to add the final touches. This is a soft torrone filled with tasty morsels of Candied Orange Peel, dried blueberries, and crunchy pistachios!
- 1 lb Amoretti® White Nougat "Torrone"
- 1 tbsp Candied Orange Peel
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp chopped toasted pistachio, divided
- 2 tbsp dried flower petals (we used equal parts rose and marigold petals), plus more for the top
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries
- standard loaf pan
- cellophane cut in squares
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine White Nougat "Torrone", Candied Orange Peel, 1 cup pistachios, and flower petals.
- Turn the mixer on low and mix for about 30 seconds, until fully incorporated.
- Add the blueberries and mix for about 10 more seconds, until a nice purple swirly color begins to form.
- Remove the paddle and knead by hand (oil your hands slightly) a few times to ensure incorporation.
- Spray a loaf pan with a touch of oil or line it with plastic wrap. Sprinkle reserved pistachios and flower petals on the bottom.
- Press the nougat into the loaf pan.
- Flip the nougat out and cut into individual pieces with an oiled knife.
- Wrap pieces in cellophane to help hold its shape.
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, just knead the nougat with lightly-oiled hands.