Break thru a crispy sugar crust to experience our exotic twist on crème brûlée!
- 4 tbsp turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 blood orange, segmented
- ramekins or small, oven-proof dishes
- crème brûlée torch
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat cream, milk, Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon and salt just to simmering.
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar together.
- Temper in the eggs, then add Blood Orange Compound.
- Mix thoroughly. Strain and push through any remaining bits of compound.
- Pour into ramekins or oven-proof dishes.
- Bake in a water bath for 20-30 minutes until barely firm, the brûlée should wiggle when tapped.
- Cool at room temperature for 20 minutes before chilling 4 hours or overnight. After about an hour in the refrigerator, cover brûlée with plastic wrap, not touching the top of the brûlée.
- Immediately before serving, sprinkle turbinado or raw sugar onto brûlées, shaking container to evenly distribute sugar. Caramelize with a torch or place under broiler for a few minutes, keeping a very close eye on the browning.
- If the brûlée is warmed by the broiler, it can be returned to the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until chilled again.
- Garnish with blood orange segments.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved