We are just crazy about bananas! This custard filling goes wonderfully in our Hummingbird Cake.
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp water
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tsp Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Clear
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- 1 - 8oz block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Banana Compound
- quarter sheet pan, lined with plastic wrap
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water. Set aside to bloom.
- In a saucepan, whisk flour and sugar. Add eggs and milk, whisk until smooth.
- Add Agave Nectar and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla..
- Cook on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat and whisk vigorously for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bloomed gelatin until it is melted.
- Add the cream cheese and Banana Compound. Whisk or use a hand blender until all the cheese has melted.
- Pour into a quarter sheet pan lined with plastic and cover, making sure the plastic touches the custard so no skin forms.
- Chill for two hours or overnight. If using right away, freeze for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set.