Are you in need for a simple side dish for your Holiday dinner? Take a look at our recipe for Balsamic glazed bacon Brussels Sprouts and you will know you have a keeper!
- 1 Lb. or 500 gm Brussels Sprouts
- 8-10 strips of thinly sliced bacon
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped Garlic Cloves (Optional)
- Freshly cracked black pepper and salt to taste.
- Dried Herbs of choice (parsley/oregano etc.)- Optional
- Heat a skillet on medium flame. When the pan is hot, fry the bacon strips. Remove from the oil when done and drain on a paper towel.
- Into the same pan with the bacon fat, add in halved Brussels Sprouts, with the halved side facing down on the pan.
- Grind in the salt and Pepper.
- Roast until char marks appear on the bottom of the Brussels Sprouts. Flip them over.
- Add the minced garlic and pan roast until done. Sprinkle dried herbs of choice (optional) and toss to bring everything together.
- Move into a serving plate, crumble the fried bacon over it and finish off with the Amoretti® Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil or Amoretti® Aged Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Check out the Amoretti® Olive Oil Trio Gift Set to grab all three of the finishing options at once!
*If using the Amoretti® Aged Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, take 1 cup of the vinegar, bring it to a boil on a medium flame and then reduce the flame to a medium low and simmer until reduced in half. The consistency can be tested by seeing if the glaze coats the back of a spoon. Also, when boiling you can add a tablespoon of light brown sugar to reduce it faster. This balsamic reduction is a great glaze to go on salads, cheese boards etc.