This amazing donut recipe has a sweet and tender fluffy texture with amazing maple bacon flavor!
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Light
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 2X
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Maple Compound
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2⅔ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Natural Maple Bacon Extract W.S.
- doughnut pan or mold
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cream together the butter, vegetable oil, sugar and Agave Nectar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, followed by Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Maple Compound.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pipe batter into a doughnut pan or mold, filling half full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, turning pan half way through bake time.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and place on a cooling rack to set.