Make a nutritious and savory breakfast that is so delicious you'll look forward to waking up early!
- 1 tbsp butter, to coat mini-muffin pan
- 1 - 4 oz package pancetta
- 8 eggs
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Rosemary Oil Extract O.S.
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Oregano Oil Extract O.S.
- 2 scallions, finely diced (all of it, including green)
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 3-4 tbsp four-cheese blend
- 10-12 fresh cilantro leaves
- mini-muffin tin with 24 individual muffin compartments
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat the inside of the mini-muffin tin compartments thoroughly with butter.
- Fry the pancetta and drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk the eggs, paprika, pepper, Rosemary Oil Extract, and Oregano Oil Extract until fully blended.
- Drop ¼ tsp each of pancetta, scallion, and red bell pepper into each muffin compartment.
- Pour in the egg mixture, filling three-fourths of each compartment.
- Top each with ¼ tsp of parmesan and some of the four-cheese blend.
- Tear apart cilantro leaves and sprinkle over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a small spatula, remove egg bites from pan.
- If not eating immediately, let cool completely before wrapping in an air tight container and chilling.
- Egg bites puff up in the oven and will deflate when cooling.
- These are great for a grab ‘n’ go snack or to pack for a school lunch.
- They can be warmed in the microwave or eaten cold.