A show-stopping yet simple dessert perfect for holiday gatherings!
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith apples; peeled and diced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dried apricots, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Natural Apple Pie Artisan
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Add apples and sauté, stirring until soft and lightly browned. About 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter and add the dried fruits. Sauté for about 3 minutes, just to soften.
- Stir in diced apples.
- Remove from heat and add Apple Pie Artisan, mix to combine.
- Roll out puff pastry to rectangular shape.
- Slice strips along the long sides, leaving a large space in the center for filling.
- Place filling in the center of puff pastry.
- Brush the strips with a small amount of egg wash.
- Fold down the top of the puff pastry and then begin braiding the strips as you go down.
- At the end, press pastry ends together and fold under.
- Place strudel onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Brush egg wash over the strudel and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Let cool before slicing.