Just stick with us, the ingredients might be a little out there but they combine to form a tasty apple dessert!
- 10 green apples
- 2 - 8 oz cans crescent roll dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 2X
- 1 - 12 oz can Mountain Dew
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel and core apples, then cut each into 8 equal wedges.
- Wrap each apple wedge in 1 piece of crescent roll dough, beginning at the wide end and ending at the point.
- Place the rolls seam side down in a buttered 8" x 10" baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add the sugar and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and stir for a few seconds. No need to dissolve the sugar, you want the mixture to be grainy.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Pour Mountain Dew over the top.
- Sprinkle the rolls with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream.