No apple orchard, no problem!
We're bringing fall directly into your kitchen and tastebuds with this Apple Cider Donut Cake. It's everything a fall baked good should be: warm, spicey, and filled with apple cider!
You only need a few staple baking ingredients, apple cider, and the Amoretti Natural Apple CIder Artisan Flavor.
Why do I need the Natural Apple Cider Artisan Flavor, you ask? Because sometime apple cider isn't enough apple. This cake, needs to have every corner/edge packed full of apple cider. We will not be skimping on apple!
It's just as important as the pumpkin in pumpkin spice. You can never have too much apple.
So if all you've ever wanted is a giant, freshly fried (or baked!), apple cider donut in your hands, now is your chance!
Let's get to the fun stuff, shall we?
For the Apple Cider Cake:
For The Cinnamon Sugar Coating
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup cane sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar and cane sugar in a stand mixer fit with the whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Scrape the bowl and add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating each well.
- In a separate bowl combine the applesauce and apple cider, mix to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the apple cider mixture to the butter mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bundt cake to cool for 20 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- While the cake cools, mix together the cane sugar, cinnamon and salt. Brush the cooled cake with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar to coat the outside. Enjoy warm or cold!
*Recipe adapted from Broma Bakery's Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake