Traditionally, chocolate cream pie is covered in whipped cream, and we've included that in our recipe, but we also made a batch into mini pies! Makes one 9" pie, approximately 12 servings.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt to break up any lumps in the cornstarch.
- Still off the heat, add milk, egg yolks, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, whisking to combine thoroughly. (This should be done before heating to avoid clumping.)
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often to prevent scorching. (Just before boiling there may be some clumps beginning to form. If this happens, take the pan off the heat for a moment and whisk vigorously until the mixture is smooth then return to the heat.)
- Add the butter.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, cook for 1 minute, stirring, then remove from the heat.
- Stir for a few moments to cool the cream mixture before adding Almond Dark Chocolate Spread. Whisk gently to combine.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pie crust, spreading evenly.
- Cover with plastic, making sure the plastic touches the top of the mixture to prevent a skin forming.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Whip the cream, sugar, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla to a stiff peak.
- Decorate the chilled pie with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shards and toasted almond slices.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved