Breakfast has never been sweeter. These are so good that your guests will be begging for seconds!
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Warm the milk until it boils, remove from heat and mix in butter until melted. Add water and let mixture cool until lukewarm.
- In a bowl, combine the lukewarm milk mixture, yeast, sugar, salt, eggs, and 2 cups of flour. Stir in the remaining flour ½ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. When the dough pulls together, knead it on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic, and let rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, make the filling. Combine Almond Paste, eggs, and sugar. Mix well, then add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- If your dough is still rising, you can make the icing at this time also. Combine butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, then the vanilla and milk. Mix until icing is silky.
- Once dough has doubled in size, roll it out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about ¼-½" thick.
- Brush dough generously with softened butter.
- Spread the filling over dough with a spatula.
- Roll dough up lengthwise and use a little water on your fingers to seal the seam.
- With (unflavored) dental floss or a sharp knife, cut rolls about 1 inch thick.
Place in buttered pans, cover with plastic and let rise again until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush soft butter over the tops of the cinnamon rolls, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with icing for mouthwatering results!
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved