Sit back, relax, and cut yourself a slice of this delicously sweet and flavorful Almond Cake.
Made with the Amoretti® Natural Almond Extract
, this cake is a classic dessert that pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Its moist and tender texture, combined with the rich almond flavor, creates a heavenly experience for your taste buds.
Now, let's talk about the star of this recipe: Amoretti® Natural Almond Extract
This high-quality extract captures the true essence of almonds in every drop--taking your treats to a whole other level.
Some would say it's our secret weapon...and we definitely don't disagree with that statement.
- 1 cup sugar
- grated zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Amoretti® Natural Almond Extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick melted butter, cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a medium bowl, add the lemon zest to the sugar. Rub the zest and sugar in between your fingers to release the oils, the sugar will start to smell delicious.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in the salt and the extracts.
- Change to a spatula and stir in the flour.
- Fold in the butter.
- Stir until combined. Dorie makes her in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. I don’t have one so I used a regular 9-inch cake pan. I used a little of the melted butter to grease the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with the sliced almonds and a generous sprinkling of sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. It will be golden and the edges will have a nice crust.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then take a knife and run it around the edge of the pan.
- This cake can be served warm (and really is there anything more delicious than a warm cake?) or at room temperature.
Once your Almond Cake is ready, you can serve it as is or dust it with powdered sugar for an elegant touch. This cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a casual get-together or a special celebration.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron, gather your loved ones, and indulge in the delightful flavors of this Almond Cake.