Almond Paste add extra almond flavor to these blueberry bars! Enjoy them as an afternoon pick-me-up, bring them to a party, or reheat slightly and serve with ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray and line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment, then lightly spray the parchment. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour, Almond Flour, and powdered sugar. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter and blend.
- With the food processor running, add 2 tbsp ice water and process until dough forms. Add another tablespoon of ice water if the dough is not beginning to come together. It should not be wet, but more like sand.
- Press dough into the pan, dock with a fork, and bake for 15 minutes. Crust will not be golden, but barely beginning to color on the edges.
- In a food processor, pulse Almond Paste, sugar, and brown sugar until sandy.
- Add eggs and Lemon Zest Oil Extract, mix to a smooth paste.
- Add ½ cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour to coat.
- Gently fold batter and floured blueberries together.
- Pour into the pre-baked crust and bake at 350 °F for 40 minutes until the top is firm and lightly browned.
- Let the bars cool completely in the pan then lift the edges of the parchment and place on a cutting board.
- Cut the bars to the desired size and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Spray the parchment to prevent the bars from sticking.
- If the blueberries are frozen, coat them in flour before folding them into the almond paste mixture. This will prevent the blueberries from bleeding and streaking the bars. If your blueberries are fresh, this step is unnecessary.
- Wait until the bars are completely cool before cutting or they will crumble.
- Eat them as snacks, share with friends, take them to a party, and enjoy!