Enjoy this Cappuccino-Tiramisu Mousse as a stand-alone treat or use it to add a special touch to another dessert, like our Chococcino Cake. One of the best ways to make this mousse your own is to add your favorite flavor to it. We love tiramisu so we added Cappuccino-Tiramisu Compound to this simple mousse recipe to create something magical!
- In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar. Whisk constantly until mixture reaches 140°F.
- Remove from the double boiler and pour into a mixer and whip until the mixture is cool.
- Fold in Kahlua and Cappuccino-Tiramisu Compound.
- Whip the cold cream to a stiff peak.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture in 2 stages.
- Whip egg whites to a soft peak, then slowly “rain” in the remaining ¼ cup sugar and continue whipping to form a meringue.
- Gently fold the meringue into the egg yolk and cream mixture in 2 stages.
- Portion mousse in to individual dishes if serving alone or spread between cake layers, and chill until ready to serve.