A fresh, fun, and flavorful addition to your dinner rotation! These lettuce wraps are a great summer snack or wholesome light meal when it’s hot and you don’t want to stand over a stove for a long time. The filling cooks quickly and is a breeze to prepare. Amoretti’s Coconut Cream and Lemongrass Extracts bring Thai flavors to the forefront in this recipe. Serves 4-5.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 scallions, diced
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¾ tsp fish sauce
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Natural Coconut Cream Extract W.S.
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Lemongrass Oil Extract O.S.
- salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp finely diced fresh mint
- ¼ cup finely diced fresh basil, divided
- 2 heads butter lettuce, leaves separated and cleaned
- On medium high heat melt the coconut oil and sauté scallions and bell peppers until soft.
- Add the diced chicken, garlic paste, red pepper flakes, fish sauce, lime juice, Natural Coconut Cream and Lemongrass Oil Extracts. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and season with salt to taste. Add mint and most of the basil, tossing to combine.
- Layer two or three lettuce leaves on top of each other, alternating directions, and place 3-4 tbsp chicken mixture on the leaves. Top with fresh basil and serve.